- Spellers and their parents/guardians must report to the check-in desk and present their online registration receipt and any one form of ID for the speller. (Passport/ US birth certificate/School Picture ID) After check-in, spellers will be issued Buttons that must be worn at all times during the contest. It is the responsibility of the spellers to be present at the contest room 30 minutes before the contest starts. Latecomers will not be allowed to compete in the contests. Parental interruption in any form during the contest is unacceptable and the organizers reserve the right to ask the parent(s) to leave the contest venue or face disqualification of the speller. The spelling and vocabulary contests shall be judged using “text-decoration: underline;”>Merriam Webster Unabridged Dictionary Online. Words shall be pronounced according to the diacritical markings of the dictionary.
- A speller has the right to dispute judge’s decision and request a hearing before the start of the next round in the contest. Parents are not allowed to approach judges directly. Parents can submit a written complaint/dispute to an onsite volunteer who will, based upon the merits of the claim, refer the matter to the judges at the end of that round. In any dispute, decision of the judges is final. The Organizers reserves the right to conduct a tie-breaker and/or announce joint winners or declare winners based on criteria that it deems fit to end the contest in a timely manner.
- Any changes to the rules will be announced before the start of the competition, but the judges always have the right to change rules on site without prior notice if the situation warrants. All decisions made by the judges are final.
- No videography, nor the use of cell-phone cameras, is permitted during the contests. The organization reserves the right to take photos and videos for its use.
- A contest may not take place on the designated date under circumstances beyond the control of the Touchdown Media Inc. In such cases, the Touchdown Media Inc. will try to reschedule the contest at a later date. However, Touchdown Media Inc., its officers, and volunteers are not responsible for any other consequences, in any form, as a result of such circumstances.
Daily Agenda for Regional Centers
|12:00 noon||Written test starts|
|1:00 pm||Written test concludes|
|1:00-3:00 pm||Tests are evaluated.|
|3:00 pm||The Oral round starts. Family, friends and well
wishers are encouraged to attend.