- A speller qualifying for the 2013 South Asian Spelling Bee must meet these requirements:
- The speller must have been born on or after September 1st 1998 to be eligible for the 2013 South Asian Spelling Bee.
- At least one of the speller’s parents or grandparents must be of South Asian descent. To be of South Asian descent, an individual must be able to trace his or her lineage to one of the following nations: Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and/or Sri Lanka.
- A speller can participate in only ONE regional contest per year. For example, a speller cannot participate in New Jersey once eliminated in the New York Competition of the 2012 South Asian Spelling Bees.
- It is the responsibility of the parent/guardian to make certain that his/her child meets the eligibility criteria and is not participating in more than one regional contest in a given year.
The 2013 South Asian Spelling Bee reserves the right to verify the date of birth and/or grade of the spellers and revoke the rank(s) and prize(s) in case of any discrepancy. The South Asian Spelling Bee may disqualify, prior to or during the competition, any speller who is not in compliance with any of its eligibility requirements; and it may—at any time between the commencement and conclusion of the 2013 South Asian Spelling Bee—require any speller who is found to have not been in compliance with any of the eligibility requirements to forfeit the prizes, rank, and other benefits awarded to the speller as a result of participation in the 2013 South Asian Spelling Bee.
All spellers, their legal guardians, parents and registrants hold Touchdown Media, its affiliated entities, employees, directors, officers, licensees, agents, designees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Indemnified Parties”) harmless from and against any and all claims, losses, costs, liabilities, damages, and expenses, including counsel fees, of every kind, nature, and description, including, but not limited to libel, slander, illegal competition or trade practices, or infringement of trade marks or program titles, violation of any statutory or regulatory prohibition on commercial content, violation of rights of privacy, and infringement of copyrights and proprietary rights.
After registration it is the responsibility of the speller and their parent/guardian to check in at the appropriate time and place. NO REFUNDS will be issued under any circumstances.